The Hearing Center in the community supporting the 2016 Walk4Hearing event.
The Hearing Center at JHBI was pleased to be a sponsor the 2016 Jacksonville Walk4Hearing event for the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) at Metropolitan Park on November 12. Audiologists staffed the expo booth to help increase public awareness about hearing loss, help eradicate the stigma associated with it and raise funds for the HLAA’s programs and services.
As the largest walk of its kind in America, children, families and friends came out to walk on a beautiful Saturday morning and raise needed funds for HLAA. The Hearing Center staff knows how important it is to support this community event because hearing loss is a pubic health issue of which affects children and adults and is directly related to quality of life.
It’s a fact that 20% of Americans have some form of hearing loss; 60% of the people with hearing loss are either in the work force or in educational settings. Did you know that 80% of people with hearing loss who could benefit from a hearing aid do not wear one?